Over time we've been able to summarize the CommCare application set-up process for feature phones to 20 steps. It is important to follow these in exactly the right order!
Preparation (Steps 1-7)
1. Phones is fully charged
2. Phone is labeled correctly. Inside and outside label.
3. Phone has SIM and SD card available.
4. Set up Internet Connectivity
5. Set up GPRS settings
6. Set correct date/time
7. Install Media folder into the SD card (helpful if media is large)
User Friendly Steps (Steps 8-12)
(also see Basic Nokia Phone Settings)
8. Phone Volume to Maximum
9. Undo Text Predictions
10. Set writing language to appropriate language
11. Set phone language to appropriate language
12. Main Screen blank (remove unnecessary shortcuts)
Application Function (Steps 13-20)
13. Install Application
14. Move Application to Games Folder, Turn phone Off and On.
15. Set permission for the application.
16. Test Network Connectivity
17. Restore User
18. Register in ‘Do not Disturb’ list if relevant
19. Opt in to Dimagi Gateway if you want to recieve text messages from Dimagi
20. Create Shortcut