CommCare Data Resources
How do I get data out of CommCare for analysis? Once you start submitting forms in CommCare, you have a few options for how you would like to access your data. You also may have questions about how to what different fields mean, how to link data, or guidance on how to do simple analysis. Below are a number of guides and explanations to help you in using and interpreting CommCare data.
Form Submission and Case Exports
Data Cleaning and Preparation
- De-identify Data
- Metadata Glossary - explanation of all the metadata fields found in raw data exports
- Splitting multi-select data in exports
- Linking Parent and Child Case Data
- Guide to Using Excel (Tips and Tricks!)
- Advanced Form Export to Excel or Databases (Export data via the API)
- Create an Excel Dashboard (transform raw data into graphs)
- Using GPS Data (make simple maps using GPS data)
Still have a question?
Join the Commcare Users Forum to search the archives and ask questions to the broader CommCare community.