Updates can be "synced" by the downstream project space from the upstream project space.
1. Navigate to a downstream project space from the Manage Downstream Project Spaces page in the upstream project space.
2. OR, navigate to Project Settings in the downstream project space. Click on Linked Project Spaces in the sidebar.
You will be directed to a dashboard that shows all linked applications and the additional content available to be pulled. You also have the option to search for content and applications.
When pushing content from the upstream project space to the downstream project space in CommCare, matches may arise due to identical data model names, IDs, or labels. The data models are not linked configurations yet. Users have two options when pushing content:
a. Sync or
b. Sync & Overwrite Matches.
If the Sync option is chosen, the system checks for matches and prompts the user to resolve them manually by either renaming or removing the downstream content. If the Sync & Overwrite Matches option is chosen, all content in the downstream project space with matching names, IDs, or labels will be overwritten without notification.
Sync & Overwrite Matches can result in data loss if not used carefully. It is crucial to know potential matches to ensure that data remains intact and avoid unintended consequences.
If the content is already linked configurations, they are no longer considered matches. You will still be given both Sync and Sync & Overwrite Matches options, but both options will automatically overwrite the linked configuration with no warning prompt. This is important to remember, especially if the linked configurations were edited in the downstream project space. Read more about Linked Configurations and Editing Linked Configurations.
3. Select the content to pull and click Sync & Overwrite.
4. You will receive an error if there is matching content,i.e., unliked data models with the same names, IDs, or labels. You must manually remove or rename the data model to resolve the match.
Sync & Overwrite Matches
5. Select the content to sync and click Sync & Overwrite Matches.
6. A warning message will display. Click Sync & Overwrite if you want to overwrite the data model. After overwriting data, the data models will be linked configurations.
7. You are notified that the content sync is successful.
You can sync the latest version of an application in the upstream project space from the linked application in the downstream project space.
8. Under Manage Linked Project Space, click Go to update page.
9. You will be directed to the application settings page in the downstream project space. Click on Update. (Note: you can only sync down app versions marked as released in the upstream space.)
10. You will see the successful message.
11. You can check the box if you want an email notification. This is recommended for larger applications.