Download this handout for a summary of how to use this report.
The Worker Activity Report shows a summary of form and case activity by user or group. This can help you identify the following:
- Users not using the phone
- Amount of work done (forms submitted, cases created, case closed)
- Follow Up Rates (what % of clients have had a visit over a time period)
There are two ways to use this report:
- User Wise: The report will display a summary of work for each mobile workers
- Group Wise: If you've organized your users into groups (Mobile Worker Groups), then you can use summary information for each group. For example, this is valuable if you have organized your users into teams and want to view how each team is doing.
Setting Up the Report Filter
To use the report, first choose the data you want to display:
- Select the Users/Groups to View: You can either display data for all mobile workers in your project, or choose to view specific data for each group. If you want to only view specific groups, click on the X to remove "All" and click to add groups to show. You can add multiple groups by clicking in the box again after choosing a group.
- View By Users or Groups: Choose this option whether you want to see information for each individual mobile worker or a summary for each group (if you've chosen multiple groups above).
- Optional - Choose Case Type: This controls if you only want to see case-wise information for a specific case type. For example, you may only care about pregnant mothers and not about viewing information about referrals or tasks.
- Date Range: This controls over what time period you wish to evaluate worker activity. For example, you may only want to view performance over the last week, or over the last month.
Understanding the Report Columns
This displays form-wise information.
- # Forms Submitted: This lists the number of forms submitted in the selected time period. This is a high level overview of how much work the mobile worker has done.
- Avg # Forms Submitted: This lists the number of forms sent on average over the last 3 same-sized time periods. For example, if your date range is one week long, this will show on average how many forms have been submitted in the 3 preceding one-week periods. Comparing "# Forms Submitted" and "Avg # Forms Submitted" can provide a sense of how a particular user or group has performed compared to their recent performance over a similar time span.
- Last Form Submission - Date of last form submission in chosen date range. If you are running a group-wise report, this will show the number of users in the group who have submitted a form. This will list None if the user has not sent in a form.
This shows the changes to open cases.
- # Cases Created - Number of cases created in the date range. You may want to review any newly created beneficiaries for the mobile worker or group.
- # Cases Closed - Number of cases closed in the date range. You may want to review why a particular beneficiary was removed.
This shows the number and percentage of cases followed up with, and the total that the mobile worker was responsible for over the time period.
- # Active Cases - Number of cases that the user edited in the time period (beneficiaries visited in time period). This includes cases created, cases updated and cases closed.
- # Total Cases - Total number of cases that the user was responsible for over the date range. This includes cases that were potentially open at the beginning of the chosen date range, but are now closed. This helps you identify the workload for the user over the time period. If someone has a low number of beneficiaries, this could indicate an issue.
- % Active Cases - The percentage of total cases that user has followed up with in time period (# Active Cases / # Total Cases). This indicates how many of their clients the mobile worker or group is visiting.
Using the Report
Emailing or Exporting the Report
Once the report has run, you can use the Email or Export to Excel buttons to send the report to relevant supervisors for review.
Seeing Additional Details
Many of the columns are actually links that let you drill into more details about the information:
- If you are viewing group-wise data, clicking on the group name will open the Worker Activity Report in user-wise view for that group.
- Clicking on the form submissions will show you the actual forms submitted by the user over the time period.
- Clicking on cases created or cases closed will show a list of the cases created or closed, respectively, by the user in the time period.
- Clicking on total cases will show the cases for that user over the chosen time period.
Sorting and Paging
Clicking on the column headers will sort data by that column; clicking once will sort in ascending order, and clicking again will sort in descending order. Use the paging controls at the bottom of screen to view additional information (if you have more than 10 mobile workers, for example).