Popular Help Content
The visit form will need to have two a hidden values. You can call them whatever you want, but here is one simple approach:value.
Hidden value name
Explanation of Calculation Condition
|count||Each time the form is opened, this hidden value willpull in the value of visit_count that was calculated last time the form was filled out||(empty)This hidden value will hold the value of visit_count from the case, so there will not be a||calculatecondition||visit_count||Each time the form is opened, this hidden value will calculate how many times the form has been filled out||coalesce(#case/data/previous_visit_count, 0) + 1|
This hidden value will use coalesce to determine whether previous_the case property visit_count has any value. If it does, it will add 1 to it, if it does not then it will take 0 and add 1 to that.
You can imagine the first time the form is completed it will add 1 to 0 = 1
The second time it will take the previous case property value (1) and add 1 = 2
And so on...
Your form should have these hidden values:
Set up the Case Management
After you form is set up you will need to link your case properties. You will want to take the value of home_visits each time, add one, and save it to the case , and then when you fill out the form again use home_visits as the value for previous_home_visit.
You can think of it like this:
When you set up your case management it will look like this:
Example: Counting ANC Visits
Let's take an example of Ante Natal Care (ANC) visits. In this example the form has these hidden values:
- Create a hidden value (
anc_number)to compute the current ANC number
byadding 1 to /data/previous_to the case property
- Since data/previous_the case property
anc_numbercan be blank in the case of a first ANC, we need a more complicated Calculate Condition of coalesce(/data/previous_to use the coalesce function:
coalesce(#case/anc_number, 0) + 1
- We then save /data
/anc_numberto the case, using the case property name
Explained Step by Step
To count or keep track of ANC visits in follow-up forms, do this…
- Create Hidden Value /data/previous_Value anc_number Create Hidden Value data/
- Set up your case management to save anc_number to the case
- In /data/the form question anc_number, in the display condition, type: coalesce(#case/data/previous_anc_number,0)+1
- Go to the Case Management tab for this form
- Under Save data to the following case properties, save both /data/previous_anc_number and /data/anc_number
- Under Load the following case properties into the form, load /data/anc_number as the Case Property and /data/previous_anc_number as the Question
Why do it like this?
- The hidden value, /data/previous_anc_number gives the number of ANC already received by the beneficiary. For example, if the beneficiary is experiencing her third ANC, this value would be 2. This value is loaded from the case property anc_number, ie the number visit number saved during the beneficiary’s last consultation.
- The hidden value (/data/anc_number) is used to compute the current ANC number by adding 1 to/data/previous_anc_number
- Since data/previous_anc_number can be blank in the case of a first ANC, we need a more complicated Calculate Condition of coalesce(/data/previous_anc_number, 0) + 1. Therefore, during the first visit, when previous_and_number does not have a value, it will be replaced by 0.
- We then save /data/anc_number to the case, using the case property name /data/anc_number