Popular Help Content
Due to Google's revocation of Huawei's Android license, any Huawei devices produced after May 2019 would not support any Google apps including apps on the Google Play app store. This prohibits the ability to install and update CommCare using the Google Play app store on these devices and hence these Huawei devices are currently not recommended for CommCare usage.
|Table of Contents|
Things to think about when selecting an Android phone:
Table: Device Selection Criteria
All PCs or Laptops
(1 – 1.5 days)
$150 - $250
$400 - $600
|$75 - $100|
Questions per Transaction
Cases stored per device
Questions per screen
Picking your Android phone:
- Does the desired language work in CommCare?
- Examine the screen size/resolution. Do images show up well on the phone?
- Does the phone have quality audio when played in CommCare?
- When the audio is played at full volume, will this be audible for an audience with auto rickshaws and trucks from Punjab honking by?
- Video: Does this open directly in CommCare? Does it require another application?
- Do you like it?
Not sure about whether to select an Android phone or tablet for your project?