Popular Help Content
- Go to Applications and choose "New Application"
- Name the application "SMS Surveys". If you want to enable registration through a web-based application, choose the "CloudCare" option. Use the green "Save" button.
- Choose the "Untitled ModuleCase List" and rename it to "Surveys" and click the green Save button.
- Choose the Case Management option Settings Tab and type in a case under Case Type. This is the object name for the type of contact that is being registered. You can use a word like contact or participant. Once you've specified a case type, click the green Save button in the right corner.
- Click on Untitled Form and the plus sign next to "Surveys" to add a form. Click the settings icon next to the new form to rename it to "Registration" and Save. Once that is done, click on the blue Create . Save by clicking the green check button.
- Click on the name of the form you just added. You should see the Form Builder. a drop down menu entitled "+ Add Question." There is a toolbar list of potential questions at the top of the screenthat can be added to a form. Add a Text question. If you are doing an SMS Survey only text, number, choice and date questions are supported.
- This question will be used to capture the name of the contact.
- Question ID is the variable name for the name. Just use name.
- LabelDisplay Text: This is what will actually be asked on the phone or through SMS for this question. Set the text to "What is the contact's name?"
- Add a question to enter the phone number of the contact. Choose the number dropdown and select Phone Number or Numerical ID.
- Set the Question ID to contact_phone_number. Set the label to "Enter phone number (only numbers with country code)"
- Add a hidden value to the form with an ID of contact_phone_number_is_verified. Set the Calculate condition to 1. (This indicates that the phone number has been verified and is a real number).
- Save the form (green button in the top right left corner).
- Select the settings icon to the right of the name of the form in the application builder, then . Then select the Case Management tab.
- Choose the form type as "Registers a New Case". Set the name to the "What is contact's name" question and save the other two questions to the case. Make sure that the case properties are contact_phone_number and contact_phone_number_is_verified. Make sure you save changes using the green Save button.
Now that the form is created, you can use it to register new contacts, either through SMS (for your field staff), or using a phone number.