Popular Help Content
CommCareHQ allows you to setup SMS surveys and reminders. These can be integrated with the data for existing CommCare application or provide a stand-alone SMS system. The overall reminder and survey system is called CommConnect.
Here are some example use cases:
- Sending a reminder to a health worker when one of their beneficiaries is due for a delivery.
- Sending counselling messages to beneficiaries (for example, reminding them to take their iron pills).
- Have a patient request information from the system. For example, if they are enrolled in a smoking cessation study, they may request support messages from the system.
CommConnect enables some of the following functionality:
- Recipients: Messages can be sent to a mobile worker (ex. a CHW) or a phone number stored in a case (ex. the beneficiery)
- Timed and Conditional Messages: Messages can be controlled and scheduled based on the state of a case (ex. the delivery date or whether a mother is high risk).
- Interactive Surveys and Messages: A simple text message can be sent or an interactive SMS survey (based on a form designed in CommCareHQ).
- Incoming Keywords: A user can initiate interaction with the system (registering, initiating a counselling survey, etc.) by sending a message to the system.
Both cases and mobile workers need to be configured specially for use with CommConnect.
- Mobile Workers