Popular Help Content
Module Content and Exercises
Exercise 1: Review CommCare Fundamentals
- The purpose of CommCare
- The structure of CommCare
- General principles of data in CommCare
- Case management
- CommCare user types
- Implementation roles and stages
CommCare Fundamentals introduces the basic terminology and concepts that are important in the use of CommCare. Spent some time reviewing each of the pages in the link above.
You will be tested on this information later.
Topic 2: What is an App Manager?
Visit the App Manager Role Overview page for key points about the role an App Manager plays in a CommCare project.
- What am I responsible for doing/knowing?
- What am I NOT responsible for doing?
- Who else is involved with this project, and what are their roles?
Determine whether you will be getting an App Manager Level I or Level II Certification.
Topic 3: Get Oriented to the App Builder
As an App Manager, you are responsible for understanding how to use CommCareHQ and you will become very familiar with the App Builder. Before proceeding to actual app building, make sure that you have a working CommCareHQ account and know where everything you need is in CommCareHQ.
Exercise 1: Start the Beginner Tutorial
- Setting Set up a new Work Space
- Changing Change form, module, and application names
- Creating Create a new form
You can stop after the first part of the Beginner Tutorial and come back here for review before proceeding.
Review: Key Concepts
Additional Reading and Reference