Popular Help Content
- SMS Pricing Plan: To use SMS, you must be on the Standard or above software plan. The Standard plan allow for outgoing messages (messages from CommCareHQ to a user). To receive messages from users (example, users respond to surveys or send in information), you must be in the Pro Advanced or above pricing plan.
- Per Messages Costs:
- If using a gateway integrated with CommCareHQ, your CommCare invoices will charge the per-SMS fee charged by the SMS gateway. The charge from the SMS Gateway can fluctuate and also depends on exchange rates as well as the destination number's country and network.
- If using a Telerivet gateway, you may have to pay a monthly fee to Telerivet for use of their service based on your subscription, as well as pay for the cost of the phone, it's phone plan, and the cost of messages to and from the phone.
- In all cases, your CommCare invoices will charge a USD 0.01 per SMS surcharge paid to Dimagi.
- In all cases, large messages can be charged as multiple SMS. Typically, an SMS sent using only the Roman alphabet is charged as one SMS for each 160 characters (roughly), and an SMS sent using special characters is charged as one SMS for each 70 characters (roughly).