Popular Help Content
An example Excel file can be found here: sample_excel_contacts.xls
- Go to the Data tab, then select Import Cases from Excel.
- Select the Excel file that you want to import. Make sure that "This file has column headers" is set to True and select Next.
- Specify the case type for the upload. This should be used by the Surveys in your application (ex. your case type is contact). If you haven't setup an SMS Survey, Create an SMS Survey.
- Choose the Excel column as the Case ID and Corresponding case field as the case id column in your Excel document.
- Make sure "Create new records if there is no matching case" is checked.
- Select Next step
- The next page lets you map the columns in your Excel document to case properties.
- Case Name, choose the existing "name" case property
- For contact_phone_number, check off "Create a new property instead" and type in and contact_phone_number
- Follow the same step for contact_phone_number_is_verified and any other case properties.
- Select Confirm Import. This will create all the contacts in the Excel document.