Popular Help Content
|title||WARNING: This page is internal-only|
Prior to releasing this feature:
- Make sure that viewing restrictions are removed
- Check to make sure that contents are correct and easy-to-follow
- Remove this warning message
This feature (SMS Chat Window) is only available to CommCare users with a Pro Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
The Chat Window feature allows you to interact with either cases or mobile workers using a chat window interface. The chat window is available to all projects that have two-way messaging enabled.
The chat windows can be accessed by navigating to the Contacts section of Messaging. From that page you can search a list of cases and workers and open up a chat window.
Features of the chat window:
- Displays a messaging history, including both incoming and outgoing messages
- Has a character counter to ensure that messages are not too long
- Forces the window to blink when new messages come in, if it is not the active window
- Multiple chat windows can be open at the same time
- Multiple web users can interact with the same mobile worker via the chat window
You can configure some aspects of how the Chat Window works under the Messaging the Messaging tab under General Settings:
Below are some details about how each setting works:
Case Name Display - determines whether the case property "name" is displayed in the chat window title (default), or another case property.
- Messages sent via the Chat Window will be available via the Messaging Log like all other messages
- Only mobile workers with verified phone numbers and cases that have a phone number specified (Registering an Individual a Case Contact) will appear in the list of contacts.