Popular Help Content
- Setup SMS Gateway for Project. An SMS gateway is the provider that will be used to send SMSs for your project. Different countries and regions have different providers.
- Set Time Zone for Project: Since many reminders are sent at a specific time, its important to specify the time zone for your project.
There are a number of ways to setup contacts for CommConnect.
- Bulk Registration of Contacts - This can be used to register a number of contacts using Excel.
- Self Registration - This allows contacts to register for the system on their own.
- Registering an Individual Contact - This allows project staff to register contacts using SMS, a phone or web data entry (CloudCare)
- Configure a Mobile Worker for CommConnect - Mobile workers need to be verified before they can send in messages to the system.
This feature (Messaging) is only available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
- Getting Started with Messaging
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Messaging Vocabulary
- SMS Basics
- Gateway Options for SMS Projects
Starter Applications and Tutorials
- Messaging Beginner Tutorial: This builds a basic application that sends reminder messages to pregnant women and health workers
- SMS Survey Tutorial: This adds to the beginner tutorial and sets up a two-way SMS survey to each pregnant woman
- Keywords Tutorial: This allows you to setup a basic data collection system using SMS keywords
- Setup an SMS Survey: This page describes how to setup an initial SMS survey.
- Broadcast Messaging
- Conditional Alerts
- Viewing Scheduled Messaging Events
- Setup Multiple Languages: This page describes how to support multiple languages and translate built-in text.
Data and Reports
Messaging provides a set of reports and tools to manage your project data.
- CommCare Messaging Dashboard: Summarizes important metrics for your project
- CommCare Messaging Reports: Information on reports available on CommCare HQ
- CommCare Messaging Exports: Information on exporting your messaging data outside of CommCare.
SMS Testing and Troubleshooting
- SMS & GPRS
- Case Studies