Popular Help Content
This feature (Messaging) is only available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
- Getting Started with Messaging
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Messaging Vocabulary
- SMS Basics
- Gateway Options for SMS Projects
Starter Applications and Tutorials
- Messaging Beginner Tutorial: This builds a basic application that sends reminder messages to pregnant women and health workers
- SMS Survey Tutorial: This adds to the beginner tutorial and sets up a two-way SMS survey to each pregnant woman
- Keywords Tutorial: This allows you to setup a basic data collection system using SMS keywords
Create an SMS Survey
- Setup an SMS Survey: This page describes how to setup an initial SMS survey.
Setting Up Reminders
- Broadcast Messaging
- Conditional Alerts
- Viewing Scheduled Messaging Events
- Setup Multiple Languages: This page describes how to support multiple languages
- translate built-in text.
Broadcast Messaging: CommCare Messaging supports sending out timed messages or SMS surveys to groups of users (mobile workers or cases).
Data and Reports
Messaging provides a set of reports and tools to manage your project data.
- Overview Report: This provides an overall view of the SMS activity of your project, including message breakdowns by type (keyword, reminders, etc.) and by user type (case, mobile worker).
- User Summary Report: This provides a summary of the SMS users for your project, including the average messages per user and the number of active users.
- Data: Information on exporting messaging data and viewing message logs.
Troubleshooting and Best Practices
- CommCare Messaging Dashboard: Summarizes important metrics for your project
- CommCare Messaging Reports: Information on reports available on CommCare HQ
- CommCare Messaging Exports: Information on exporting your messaging data outside of CommCare.
SMS Testing and Troubleshooting
- (presently, this is only an internal document)
- Case Studies