This feature requires a CommCare Software Plan
This feature (CommConnect) is only available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
Setting Up Your Project
- Setup SMS Gateway for Project. An SMS gateway is the phone number that will be used to send SMSs for your project. Different countries have different gateways that are used.
Starter Applications and Tutorials
- Pregnancy Messaging: This application will allow registration of pregnancies and provide reminders when due date are approaching.
- Setting up an SMS Information Service: This will guide you through setting up a basic informatoin system over SMS.
Register contacts for use in the system. There are a number of options for doing this:
- Registering a Mobile Worker Contact
- Registering a Case Contact
- Allow Contacts to Self Register (they can send an SMS to register themselves)
- Bulk Import Cases Using Excel
- Bulk Verification of Mobile Users
Setup SMS Keywords: This describes how to setup keywords (SMS Services) that users can text into the system to initiate various tasks.
Create an SMS Survey
Creating an SMS Survey: This page describes how to setup an initial SMS survey.
Setting Up Reminders
Setup your project to support multiple languages by adding languages and translating built-in text.
Broadcast Messaging: CommConnect supports sending out timed messages or SMS surveys to groups of users (mobile workers or cases).
CommConnect Data and Reports
CommConnect provides a set of reports and tools to manage your project.
- Overview Report: This provides an overall view of the SMS activity of your project, including message breakdowns by type (keyword, reminders, etc.) and by user type (case, mobile worker).
- User Summary Report: This provides a summary of the SMS users for your project, including the average messages per user and the number of active users.
- CommConnect Data: Information on exporting CommConnect data and viewing message logs.
Troubleshooting and Best Practices