Training is a critical piece of any CommCare project and requires careful planning. In this section you will find several training resources to get you started on planning a CommCare training. To get ready for training you will need to think about:
- Training schedule - How many days do you need and what do you aim to cover during those days? Will you focus solely on CommCare or cover health/domain content as well?
- Training materials and content - Do you need a training manual or a user guide for your application?
- Training strategies - What strategies will you use to ensure an effective training?
Below you will find resources for each of these topics. You will notice that materials are generally separated for J2ME/Java/Nokia-style features phones and CommCareODK/Android/Smartphone. This is because training on these two platforms is quite different.
- Example Training Schedules - sample training schedules from CommCare projects for Java and Android deployments
Training Materials and Content
- Training Manuals and Guides
- Mobile User Survey Templates - surveys that you can use to assess the abilities of your mobile users
- Pre-training Checklist
- Mobile and CommCare Handouts