This feature requires a CommCare Software Plan
This feature (Messaging) is only available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
Starter Applications and Tutorials
- Messaging Beginner Tutorial: This builds a basic application that sends reminder messages to pregnant women and health workers
- SMS Survey Tutorial: This adds to the beginner tutorial and sets up a two-way SMS survey to each pregnant woman
- Keywords Tutorial: This allows you to setup a basic data collection system using SMS keywords
- Pregnancy Messaging: This application will allow registration of pregnancies and provide reminders when due date are approaching.
- Setting up an SMS Information Service: This will guide you through setting up a basic informatoin system over SMS.
Register contacts for use in the system. There are a number of options for doing this:
- Registering a Mobile Worker Contact
- Registering a Case Contact
- Allow Contacts to Self Register (they can send an SMS to register themselves)
- Bulk Import Cases Using Excel
- Bulk Verification of Mobile Users
Create an SMS Survey
Creating an SMS Survey: This page describes how to setup an initial SMS survey.
Setting Up Reminders
Setup your project to support multiple languages by adding languages and translating built-in text.
Broadcast Messaging: CommCare Messaging supports sending out timed messages or SMS surveys to groups of users (mobile workers or cases).
Data and Reports
Messaging provides a set of reports and tools to manage your project.
- Overview Report: This provides an overall view of the SMS activity of your project, including message breakdowns by type (keyword, reminders, etc.) and by user type (case, mobile worker).
- User Summary Report: This provides a summary of the SMS users for your project, including the average messages per user and the number of active users.
- Data: Information on exporting messaging data and viewing message logs.
Troubleshooting and Best Practices