This feature (CommConnect) is only available to CommCare users with a Standard Plan or higher. For more details, see the CommCare Software Plan page.
- Getting Started with Messaging
- FAQ & Glossary
- Gateway Options for SMS Projects
- SMS & GPRS
Setting Up Your Project
- Setup SMS Gateway for Project. An SMS gateway is the phone number that will be used to send SMSs for your project. Different countries have different gateways that are used.
- Set Time Zone for Project: Since many reminders are sent at a specific time, its important to specify the time zone for your project.
Starter Applications and Tutorials
- Pregnancy Messaging: This application will allow registration of pregnancies and provide reminders when due date are approaching.
- Setting up an SMS Information Service: This will guide you through setting up a basic informatoin system over SMS.
Setup SMS Keywords: This describes how to setup keywords (SMS Services) that users can text into the system to initiate various tasks.
Create an SMS Survey
Creating an SMS Survey: This page describes how to setup an initial SMS survey.
Setting Up Reminders
Broadcast Messaging: CommConnect supports sending out timed messages or SMS surveys to groups of users (mobile workers or cases).
CommConnect translation instructions: See these instructions to create a CommConnect project with multiple languages
CommConnect Data and Reports
CommConnect provides a set of reports and tools to manage your project.
- Overview Report: This provides an overall view of the SMS activity of your project, including message breakdowns by type (keyword, reminders, etc.) and by user type (case, mobile worker).
- User Summary Report: This provides a summary of the SMS users for your project, including the average messages per user and the number of active users.
- CommConnect Data: Information on exporting CommConnect data and viewing message logs.
Troubleshooting and Best Practices
- CommConnect Best Practices
- CommConnect Troubleshooting